As a member of our school, you are guaranteed to be taught by qualified instructors. All Black Belt certification comes directly from the Kukkiwon, the official World Tae Kwon Do Federation (WTF) Headquarters in Seoul, South Korea.
Master Nam Nguyen
Master Nam Nguyen is the Head Instructor of Nguyen School of Tae Kwon Do and has over 35 years of martial arts experience including Aikido, Judo, Karate, Northern Shaolin Kung-Fu, Tae Kwon Do, and Weaponry.
A Burnsville resident of 30 years Master Nam began his martial arts in karate at the age of 7 at National Karate School and earned his 1st Degree Black Belt in 1987. During that time he also joined National Treasure Kung-Fu School in 1986 and earned his Level VII Black Sash in 1994. In 1992, Master Nam joined Lee’s Tae Kwon Do School in Burnsville under Master David Lee. He earned his 5th Degree Black Belt in 2019.
While completing his Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science at the University of Minnesota he took over as head instructor of Lee’s Tae Kwon Do of Burnsville in March of 1998.
Aside from teaching, Master Nam enjoys competing as well as coaching his students at local, state and national tournaments. He has won numerous medals and trophies from all over the Midwest.
- 2011 U.S. Tournament of Champions Forms Grand Champion
- 2009 U.S. Tournament of Champions Forms Grand Champion
- 2006 World Chang Moo Kwan Tae Kwon Do Championships (1st Place)
- 2003 Minnesota State Tae Kwon Do Championships Forms Gold Medalist
- 1999 Red River Traditional Tae Kwon Do Forms Grand Champion
Hobbies: Martial arts, fishing, running, traveling, & watching sports
Master An Nguyen
Master An Nguyen is a Master Instructor of the Nguyen School of Tae Kwon Do and has over 25 years of martial arts experience including Acrobatics, Aikido, Judo, Shorin Ryu Karate, Northern Shaolin Kung-Fu, Tae Kwon Do, and Weaponry. He is the current Team Captain of our Competition and Demonstration Teams.
Master An began his martial arts in Shorin Ryu Karate at a local karate club. A few years later he joined his brother training in kung-fu at National Treasure Kung-Fu School under SiFu Al Lam. In 1992, Master An joined Lee’s Tae Kwon Do School in Burnsville under Master David Lee. He earned his 4th Degree Black Belt in 2016.
During his spare time Master An works on his phenomenal aerial kicking. He truly enjoys the sport aspect of the martial arts as well as the traditional methods. Master An has won numerous martial arts tournaments and continues his quest to be elite among the best.
- 2013 U.S. Tournament of Champions Weapons Grand Champion
- 2012 U.S. Tournament of Champions Weapons Grand Champion
- 2011 U.S. Tournament of Champions Weapons Grand Champion
- 2010 U.S. Tournament of Champions Forms Grand Champion
- 2007 Fargo Open Martial Arts Grand Champion
- 2006 Owatonna Martial Arts Open Forms Grand Champion
- 2004 Diamond Nationals Team Challenge Competitor
- 2002 Summers Martial Arts Tae Kwon Do Championships Grand Champion
Mr. JJ Jones
Mr. JJ Jones is a Kukkiwon certified 2nd Dan Black Belt Instructor in Tae Kwon Do and 1st Dan Black Belt in Hapkido. His martial arts experience includes Shotokan Karate, Judo, and Aikido. Mr. Jones is certified in unarmed defensive tactics, handcuffing, and ASP baton.
He also has a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with a sociology minor in “Law, Criminology, and Social Deviance” from the University of Minnesota.
- Co-Winner of the 2008 “Instructor of the Year” Award
- Awarded the 2005 “Outstanding Achievement” Award
- Awarded the 2006 “Most Valuable Person (MVP)” Award
Hobbies: Yoga, running, swimming, and archery
Mr. David Truong
Mr. David Truong is a Kukkiwon certified 1st Dan Black Belt Instructor in Tae Kwon Do.
Winner of the 2018 “Instructor of the Year” Award
Mr. Eric Nguyen
Mr. Eric Nguyen is a Kukkiwon certified 1st Dan Black Belt Instructor in Tae Kwon Do.
Winner of the 2010, 2011, and 2012 “Role Model of the Year” Award
Mr. Binh Nguyen
Mr. Binh Nguyen is an assistant color belt instructor and helps out in both of our youth and adult classes.
Winner of the 2018 “Best Kicks” Award