Old Country Buffet, Burnsville
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Well another year has come and gone. As I sit back and look out my window and see all the snow outside, I reflect on this past year and the many great accomplishments and challenges. I can’t believe it has been over 15 years since our first class. Wow! Through these years, we have seen many students come and go. Several students make it all the way to blue belt and only a few make it to Black Belt. I am proud to say our Black Belt Family is growing steadily. We have promoted three new 1st Dan Black Belts and two 2nd Dan Black Belts this year. Next year we may have our first batch of Poom Belts (Junior Black Belts).
I would like to say Thank You to all students, and especially parents, who have taken the time from their busy schedule to bring their son/daughter to class each and every Tuesday and Thursday. To all of our Assistants and Black Belt Instructors: Thank You for making our Tae Kwon Do program with the ISD 191 Community Education successful yet another year. We wouldn’t have been able to keep the program for as long as we have if it wasn’t for everyone’s help. Keep up the great work!
This year’s banquet was our biggest ever! Over 100 students and their families attended the event eating, smiling, chit chatting, and more eating. It was a blast!
We would like to congratulate all the following 2007 Award Recipients:
- Instructors of the Year (2 Winners) – Mr. Mike Bechtel & Mrs. Lisa O’Brien
- Color Belt Competitor of the Year – Mr. Noah Bina
- Black Belt Competitor of the Year – Ms. Patty White
- Family of the Year – The Rhinehart Family
- Special Achievement Award – Mr. Joe Seifert
- Sponsor of the Year – EmbroidMe
- Most Improved for 14 Years & Under – Ms. Elizabeth Beckering
- Most Improved for 15 Years & Over – Mr. J. J. Jones
- Best Manners for 14 Years & Under – Mr. Mason Starks
- Best Manners for 15 Years & Over – Mr. Joseph Pry
- Role Model of the Year for 14 Years & Under – Ms. Beth Mortimer
- Role Model of the Year for 15 Years & Over – Mr. Chris Fladhammer
- Tae Kwon Do Spirit for 14 Years & Under – Ms. Lizzy Rhinehart
- Tae Kwon Do Spirit for 15 Years & Over – Mr. James Vaitruardrok
- Tae Kwon Do Perseverance for 14 Years & Under – Mr. Liam Fladhammer
- Tae Kwon Do Perseverance for 15 Years & Over – Mr. Levi Lystrom